- For information on DCCAN: Sherri Petschar @ 715-251-4541
- Vision: to create a collaborative to enhance college readiness
- Mission # 1: to provide services to support students
- Mission # 2: to connect students with college readiness info.
- Goal # 1: to increase reading proficiency by end of grade 3
- Goal # 2: to help prepare students for college/career opportunities
- Define: Smoke that lingers on surfaces
- Thirdhand Smoke on clothing, furniture, carpets, walls...
- Children vulnerable when crawl on floors, fingers in mouth...
- Children exposed face 2X risk of getting COPD later in life
- SOLUTION: Create smokefree environments for family
Brush your child's teeth after feeding and at bedtime
Do not share food, drinks, forks, spoons or toothbrushes
Use FLUORIDE to stop children's tooth decay
Feed children healthy foods: fruits, vegis, milk, yogurt...
No bottle when bedtime - water only, no sugar!
Baby has 20 little teeth - wipe off germs before bedtime
Healthy FOOD = Healthy TEETH
- Could be causation between vision problems and ADHD
- Low vision may require more attention and thinking
- Vision problems = 50% increase in diagnosis of ADHD
- Some children struggle with reading comprehension
- Encourage children to read using a book mark or guide
- Some doctors report that 1 out of 4 patients have ADHD
- ADHD does effect early literacy skill development
- Diagnose reading problems early and seek professional help
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM CONTACTS – Email Great Start Partners For More Information On Great Start, Parent Leaders And Early Childhood – CLICK LOGOS BELOW TO SEND AN EMAIL:
• Barb Reisner - Great Start
• Jonathan Ringel - GS Parents
• Deb Dupras - Child Care
• Debbie Beauchamp - DIISD
• Casey McCormick - Head Start
• Cherie Fila - Early On
• Maria Johns - Imagination Library
• Jill Doll - Northpointe
• Ruth Holmes - Health Depart.
• John Estes - Braumart Theatre
• Kristy Howell - MDHHS
• ECIC - Early Childhood
• MDE - Office of Great Start